O anong nangyari sa aking mga kababayan ... sa bayan ni Kabayan
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Of Symbols and Manifestos
Protest movements, especially in the Philippines, have a very prolific way of creating symbols, slogans, manifestos, labels, logos and what not.Even the beeps of car horns and whistles carry their meaning. For example if the slogan is “Gloria Resign!”, the horn goes Beeep Beeep, Bi-Bip. It is actually similar to Marcos’ old horn beat derived from the slogan “Marcos, Pa Rin!” Cory Aquino’s horn beat repeatedly goes Beeep Beeep, for the “Co-ry! Co-ry!” chant. So now I present the Gloria Resign movement its own set of symbols, labels, logos, and manifestos which are posted below.
(All photos below from Kabayan)
Do you wish more? Just post in the comment section...
Below are the Current Status of Objectives targeted by the Gloria administration to attain a Dictatorship, whether de-facto or actual:
1. Joe de Venecia would have to go since he is a rival for a Prime Minister position - Check, Objective Achieved
2. Charter Change must still push through so that term limits would be removed for the future Congressmen (or the future Parliament Members for that matter) and the position of Prime Minister must have unlimited term. - Objective Ongoing
4.The COMELEC must be controlled and manipulated. - Largely Achieved
5. Maintain a Praetorian guard among generals in the PNP and Armed Forces - Check, Objective Achieved
6. Maintain the “Destabilizer” and “Communist” bogey so as to justify crackdowns of legitimate protest including opinions published by legitimate media. -Objective Ongoing
7. Emasculate the media so that those currently in power can be corrupt and abuse power without chastisement. - Partially Achieved
9. Make inroads and as far as possible to try to control or at least heavily influence the Judicial Branch of government. - Partially Achieved
Other Objectives (On Hold):
3. The position of Prime Minister should be a post that would be chosen by a small group (i.e. Parliament) so that only a few need to be convinced and as a consequence would have lesser bribes to dispose to get favors. - On Hold Till Objective 2 is Achieved
8.If unable to push through the above agendas effectively, they will fabricate a reason or a scenario to declare Martial Rule, or at least put in the mechanisms for a de facto Martial Law. - On Hold just in case Objective 2 and other measures fail
Clarification on my Persona
There is an oft recurring question with people asking me whether or not I am Noli de Castro , the original Kabayan.
To make it very clear, I am NOT Noli de Castro.
I must admit thought that I had missed the Kabayan of old. The fiery advocate for truth, who in the airwaves bravely tell the nation of anomalies, corruption, abuses and injustice in society, has now disappeared. Rather than mope and pine about an ideal long lost, I took upon myself to be the new Kabayan. I may not equal what Noli did before, but I do what I can to blaze a path towards an ideal nation ruled in good governance; a country under the principles of God, love for people, love for our nation, and love for our environment.
OUR OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED, Great work guys and gals, it was a roaring success! (Anti-corruption rally TODAY February 29, 2008 at Ayala corner Paseo de Roxas in the afternoon. (Exact time to start depends on the respective organizing group, average time starts at 5:00 pm) Also Blogswarm today GloriaMacapagal Arroyo Resign! Don't forget to put a link somewhere. Make sure the name is complete.)